1. Keep bandage on for 1 to 2 hours.
Washing procedure steps 2-5
2. Wash hands thoroughly with Provon- gentle Anti Microbial lotion Soap. After washing hands, use Provon (readily sold and available at Addictive Ink) and cold water to wash your tattoo thoroughly using the soft part of your hands. Do not use washcloth or other material. be sure to removal all blood ink and plasma residue. BUT,DO NOT SCRUB YOUR TATTOO.
3. Rinse well and blot dry with a paper towel.
4.Let tattooed area breathe for about 2-3 minutes before applying ointment.
5. Using finger tips, dab a light coat of A&D ointment or Aquaphor over tattooed area.
Rub ointment in thoroughly with fingertips (about 60 seconds similarly to the way you would lotion ). If too much ointment was applied. place paper towel over tattoo: press down lightly with hand and peel off. (be spairing with the application of ointment your fresh tattoo needs to breath as well as stay moist.)
Days 1 and 2
6. The first two days, do the washing procedure every (2) two hours. For the first two (2) nights before you go to bed,do the washing procedure (1) last time then apply a bandage similar to the one applied by your artist after the tattoo; This does two things, It keeps your tattoo moist through the night so you don't have to get up and wash it every 2 hours and it protects your tattoo from getting bacteria from sheets and blankets on it . remove bandage before you shower.
7. Days 3-5 do the washing procedure 3-5 times a day. In the morning,half way through the day and at night before you go to bed. the additional two times can be done any time it feels like it may be drying out.( use your discretion )
Somewhere in Days 3-5 your tattoo will begin to peel, let it run its course , do not help it along, be more careful and attentive when washing it and applying ointment in these day.
8.Day 6, try using a regular hand or body lotion, if it burns or stings go back to the ointment ,if it feels fine the initial heal is done.
The do's and dont's while healing your tattoo.
-Do not soak or immerse tattooed area in water (Pools, hot tubs, bath, etc.) for two (2) weeks.
-Do not expose tattooed area to the sun for one (1) month.
-Do not pick or scratch your tattoo. it is normal for the tattoo to itch and peel during the healing process.
-Do a quick tap or light slap on the area to relieve the irritation.
-Do all of the aftercare.
-Do feel free to contact Addictive Ink Tattoos if you have any questions or concerns ; for your peace of mind and to insure the quality and safety of your heal, it is better to contact us then to be unsure. You are not bothering us, we are happy to help you.
REMEMBER: The quality and appearance of your tattoo depends on how well you take care of it!
With much appreciation; thank you for your business! -A.I.T.