1. Keep bandage on for at least 2 hours.
2. Wash hands thoroughly (no point in cleaning an your tattoo with dirty hands). After washing hands, use Provon- gentle Anti Microbial Soap (readily sold and available at Addictive Ink) and cold water to wash your tattoo thoroughly using the soft part of your hands. Do not use washcloth or other material. be sure to removal all blood ink and plasma residue. DO NOT SCRUB.
3. Rinse well and blot dry with a paper towel.
4.Leave tattooed area uncovered for 2-3 minutes before applying ointment.
5. Place a light coat of A&D ointment or Aquaphor over tattooed area.
Rub in well with fingertips (about 60 seconds). If too much ointment was applied. place paper towel over tattoo: press lightly with hand and peel off. (be spairing with the application of ointment your fresh tattoo needs to breath.)
6. Repeat steps 2&3 Only the first two (2) nights after tattooing, reapply a bandage similar to the one applied by artist; this is protection for your fresh tattoo while you sleep. remove bandage upon awakening.
7. For the additional healing process; repeat steps 2 through 5 every two (2) hours for the first two (2) days.8.Repeat steps 2 through 5 two (2) to three (3) times per day on days three (3) through five (5).
The do's and dont's while healing your tattoo.
-Do not soak tattooed area in water (Pools, hot tubs, bath, etc.) for two (2) weeks.
-Do not expose tattooed area to the sun for one (1) month.
-Do not pick or scratch your tattoo. it is normal for the tattoo to itch and peel during the healing process.
-Do a quick tap or light slap on the area to relieve the irritation.
-Do feel free to contact Addictive Ink Tattoos if you have any questions or concerns ; for your peace of mind and to insure the quality and safety of your heal, it is better to contact us then be unsure.
REMEMBER: The quality and appearance of your tattoo depends on how well you take care of it!
With much appreciation; thank you for your business! -A.I.T.